Are you an expecting parent trying to figure out what car seat to buy for your new baby? Are you bewildered by how to properly install the car seat? Then the Ultimate Car Seat Guide is the answer for you.
With more than 2,600 children under 13 involved in a car crash every day, or one child every 33 seconds, parents need to be extra vigilant about keeping kids safe in cars. And while most families put kids in car seats, the latest research from National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) shows that 59 percent of car seats are not installed correctly.
The Ultimate Car Seat Guide offers basic and easy-to-understand tips on how to choose and use a car seat. Not every parent can make it to one of the thousands of car seat checkup events held each year, so now every parent can get helpful tips to protect kids on the move.
Features of the site include:
• Easy to understand tips on how to choose and use a car seat
• Best practices to give your kids the best protection
• Expert knowledge from safety groups who have checked nearly 2 million car seats
• Advice covering all stages of a child’s development, from the first car seat until the child is ready to ride with a seat belt.
• Two information tracks- personalized for your child or basic information every parent needs to know.
If you still have questions about installing your seat, find a car seat event near you.
For more information on safety initiatives at Children’s, visit www.chp.edu/injury-prevention.